Xerneas & Yveltal
Morning commute featuring #pokemon #oras ✌️
You can get the demo a bit early if you have a facebook account!
If you go HERE, you’ll be brought to Maxsoft's facebook page, where they will let you redeem a code (“coupon” button at the bottom) if you've liked their page. This works for North America.
I’ve gotten my code and so have other people I know and they’re downloading it right now. A few images from the thread on /vp/ where I found this:
So if for some reason you don’t get your code in the newsletter or want it a bit early you can try this! I wanted to make sure I shared this as much as possible
I was upset, and then delighted.
IM GONNA CRY THIS IS SO CUTE OH NO
More details about Disney’s Moana
Walt Disney Animation Studios revealed plans today for Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated comedy-adventure about a spirited teenager on an impossible mission to fulfill her ancestors’ quest. In theaters in late 2016, the film is directed by the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog, Aladdin).
In the ancient South Pacific world of Oceania, Moana, a born navigator, sets sail in search of a fabled island. During her incredible journey, she teams up with her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui, to traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous sea creatures, breathtaking underworlds and ancient folklore.
“John and I have partnered on so many films—from The Little Mermaid to Aladdin to The Princess and the Frog,” said Clements. “Creating Moana is one of the great thrills of our career. It’s a big adventure set in this beautiful world of Oceania.”
“Moana is indomitable, passionate and a dreamer with a unique connection to the ocean itself,” Musker said. “She’s the kind of character we all root for, and we can’t wait to introduce her to audiences.”
- Are you having fun?
- Are you nice to other cosplayers?
If you are, you are a great cosplayer.
End of story
The beautiful Blu-ray covers for my all time favorite anime, The Tatami Galaxy. These were illustrated by Yusuke Nakamura, who is most notable for his cover designs for Asian Kung-Fu Generation.
I made these to help me remember Fairy’s weaknesses and resistances! Maybe they’ll help you memorize them, too!
Every villain has a reason.
Except Ozai, he was just an asshole.
#and I just don’t feel entitled to someone else’s life’s work.
That comment exactly!! It’s not mine and I can survive without it, so I will.
This is why honey is not vegan.
The problem here is that honey, especially if you buy it ethically from an apiarist, isn’t actually detrimental to the well-being of the bee or the hive. In the wild, honey is used as a food stock, but in a domesticated honeybee colony, the bees are fed quite well, and so the honey is a surplus.
The alternatives, like sugar, relies on monocrops in third world countries, with transient labour. Growing up, there was a sugarcane field by my house, and I’m sure the Haitian men who worked backbreaking hours hacking a machete through knife-bladed leaves in 40 degree heat for a couple dollars a day would have traded a testicle to be a Canadian honeybee. Stevia’s going the same way, iirc.
Additionally, apiarists are actually huge proponents and activists for sustainable bee-keeping, and it’s estimated that the domesticated hive may be the last great hope for declining populations, because we can optimize their chances for survival.
It’s their life’s work, sure, but it’s not the death of them to use it responsibly.
literally read anything about the history of sugarcane and the cuban sugar industry if you think sugar is or ever has been more ethical than honey
- Provide a home for the bees
- Keep that home warm in the winter
- Keep the bees well fed, negating the need for honey, which the bees would make anyways
- Still do not take all the honey, just in case
- Protect the bees from predators
- Monitor the hives for any signs of the parasites, diseases, etc. that cause colony collapse disorder
- Provide a valuable and reliable source of pollination for plants in the area, both wild and crops
- Help keep the local ecosystem healthy
- Is one of the healthiest things you can eat
- Is able to keep for a EXTREMELY long time (Millennia even), making it more valuable than many perishable foods without being full of preservatives
- Can be used to soothe sore throats, nauseau, etc.
- Has been eaten by humans since at least Ancient Egypt (We’ve found STILL EDIBLE honey in tombs)
- Is a great tool in cooking, adding sweetness without raising the sugar content much
- Is a staple food in many people’s diets
Honey is amazing you can put it on or in pretty much everything I goddamn love it and you should too.
favorite pink pokemon